This website makes factual, descriptive, and opinion claims. Below is a list of such claims and sources to support the basis for making the claim.
New investors often use robo-advisors to manage their portfolios. Robos tend to target average market returns.
- https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/de/Documents/financial-services/Robo_No_2.pdf “About 70% of the examined providers even operate on an “ETF-only” approach, to maximize cost-efficiency for highly diversified yet small portfolios” ETFs target market returns by definition.
- https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/when-a-robo-advisor-is-or-isnt-the-right-choice.html “Fees are also low because robos typically invest in index funds and ETFs.”
The sky’s the limit
- Refers to account size, not performance. We do not make historical or future claims about performance.
How we Help
We know that traditional savings accounts no longer produce good returns. That’s why investing in securities is now the best way to prepare for the future.
- So long as the inflation is over the fed funds rate, and S&P 500 returns is over inflation.
We have decades of experience
- The Chief Investment Officer has been investing for over 20 years.
You’ve heard the stories, and retirement really was simpler. Many companies provided a secure retirement for long-time employees, and Social Security would help take care of the rest. Nowadays, fewer jobs offer robust pensions as part of their benefits, and workers are more responsible for managing their own retirements.
These days we’re more likely to change jobs frequently than in the past.
It’s a new trend, also known as socially responsible investing, where a company’s impact on society is just as important as its bottom line.
Most bank savings accounts currently return less than 1%
As of 2020, a portfolio of corporate bonds yields about 2%
A 50/50 blend of stocks and bonds may yield around 5%
The historical long-term return of stock market averages is about 8%
- Bonds: https://www.wsj.com/market-data/bonds/benchmarks as of 2020-10-30
- Stocks: https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/investing/average-stock-market-return
- Blend: from the estimates from bonds and stocks (above and below)
Magnifina, LLC is a Registered Investment Adviser. SEC# 801-117932. This website and information are provided for guidance and information purposes only. No historical or future performance claims are made. This website and information are not intended to provide investment, tax, or legal advice. Please consult a qualified professional before making decisions about your financial situation.